The new Axis version contains a lot of new features and bugfixes.
Here you can find the screenshots of some of them.
- Onestep checkout page
- Address form customization
- Recently viewed products
- Frontend default theme is now custom, not default
- All shipping and payment methods can be filtered by order total amount
Onestep checkout page
Truly onestep checkout implemented. Now registered customers can place an order with just one click!
The new checkout page brings new configuration options available at admin/configuration:
Address form customization
Many of our customers wanted to disable some address fields as they don't need them. Now this can be solved with new configuration options:
As you see you can also change the sort order of form fields and select countries that should be visible for customers.
Recently viewed products
Axis was missing the recently viewed products feature. Now guest and customers will be available to return to one of the viewed products or compare them each other.
Frontend default theme is now custom, not default
Every user want to customize the look and feel of the store. To do this you had to do many not trivial actions.
We did this work for you in the new Axis version.
Now Axis frontend uses the empty 'custom' theme. All you need to change the look and feel of your store is to copy template, helper, css or js file from default folder to custom and edit it without touching the default theme http://axiscommerce.com/faq#customize-look-and-feel.
This allows you to upgrade Axis to the next versions easely, without overwriting the customized files.
Minimum and maximum order total limit added to all shipping and payment methods
Any shipping or payment method can be displayed for certain order total amount.
Upgrade instructions (Only for users with already installed Axis):
- The new Axis version includes refactored breadcrumbs functionality
To enable breadcrubms you should add the box Axis_Core_Breadcrumbs at the admin/template_index with following rules:
- Box: Axis_Core_Breadcrumbs
- Show on: */*/*
- Hide on: core/index/index, checkout/onestep/*
- Output container: beforeContent
- New Axis version includes new box: Axis_Catalog_RecentlyViewed
To add this box to your theme navigate to admin/template_index and add the box with following values:
- Box: Axis_Catalog_RecentlyViewed
- Show on: */*/*
- Output container: right
- Sort order: 20
- Remove this file from filesystem: /axis/app/design/front/default/helpers/Navigation.php
- Change the template for Axis_Catalog_Featured box from catalog/box/highlight/grid.phtml to catalog/box/highlight/listing.phtml
- Remove file catalog/box/highlight/grid.phtml (if some box is using this template switch to new catalog/box/highlight/listing.phtml template)